Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Best and the Rest: April 2012

I swear I didn't forget to do my April favorites, I was just having trouble compiling a list of favorites because I've been using a lot of the same products from previous favorites post, and I didn't want too much of a repeat. So here's my new favorites (and not so favorites) for the month of April.  As usual, make sure to tell me what your favorite product(s) of April were too!

The Best.....

Benefit Stay Don't Stray:  I've been using the heck out of this guy this month.  It's such a quick and easy way to prime my eyes, even out my lids, and brighten my dark circles all in one.  I've been skipping concealer a lot this month thanks to Stay Don't Stray.


Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish:  The formula of this product has been stellar and the colors extremely rich.  My favorite of the 3 shades I have is Buttercup, a gorgeous pale yellow.


E.L.F. Eyebrow Lifter & Filler:  I use the Lifter side of this nearly every day.  It's nice and creamy and serves as the perfect brow highlight.


Maybeline Define-A-Brow:  I've always loved this pencil, but it's been kind of neglected in the past few months while trying other brow products.  It wasn't until I came back to Define-A-Brow that I remembered how perfect the pencil was with it's slim design and drier texture.


Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream:  As I mentioned yesterday, this is the perfect moisturizer to keep with me in my purse.  I can use it for any dryness that pops up on my skin throughout the day, chapped lips, or cracked heels from sucky shoes :)  I <3 multitaskers!  (Click here to enter my giveaway which includes a tube of this skin cream!)


Sonia Kashuk Bent Liner Brush:  I suck at liner, but every now and then out of nowhere I get really good at it, but for only a week or two.  It's really bizarre.  And this month for about 2 weeks I was a liner pro with this Bent Liner Brush.  It only took me a couple of minutes to line both eyes (as opposed to 10 minutes if I was lucky) and both lines came out beautifully sleek.  True to form though, I've reverted back to my usual liner challenged self, but for 2 weeks this brush was a star in my collection.


Sephora + Pantone Color of the Year Eyeliner Set:  Finally, we have the more peculiar fave this month in the eyeliner set.  It's peculiar because the actual liners are not my favorite.  They're okay but I've been finding that I reach for many others before grabbing for these.  I'm including then in my favorites solely because of the packaging.  I found the case to be very high quality and something that I like to keep out on my vanity as sort of a collectors item.  

.....and the Rest



Maybelline Express Finish Polish in Peachy Petal:  It sucks to have to put this in the worst category because the color was so beautiful and just what I was looking for.  But application was just a pain in the ass.


Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer:  I blame myself mostly for this because I knew I wasn't going to like this before I bought it.  I didn't listen to my gut though and everything that I knew I wasn't going to like (I hate click pen packaging and I knew that "highlighting concealer" was going to probably mean shimmer in the formula) turned out to be just what turned me off of the product.


What did you love/hate this month?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...