Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Best and The Rest: May 2012

It's that time again!  Check out my May 2012 favorites (and a couple not-so-faves) after the jump!  And just a note, aside from 2 or 3 of these products, I haven't reviewed most of these yet but you can bet you'll see these popping up in posts very soon so this is also kind of serving as a preview post too. 

The Best...


  • Rite Aid Renewal Angled Blush Brush:  I've had this for quite a while but just now used it.  I found that it's the perfect angled brush for contouring because it's a bit on the smaller side and is fluffier (compared to other brushes I have like it).  It has a good density to it, but since it seems to apply the perfect amount of product.
  • Ecotools Blush Brush:  Now that it's summer I sometimes like to go a bit stronger with my blush and I noticed with my usual brushes I use for blush I get a sheerer application than I'd prefer.  This month I've been really taken with using the Ecotool Blush Brush's paddle shape to get optimal pigmentation.  I do this by swiping the flat side of the brush back and forth along my cheek bone.
  • Sonia Kashuk Brow Brush:  I used to think I didn't like using shadows for filling and shaping my brows but I now realize that was because my brushes were too soft.  This Sonia Kashuk brush is much coarser and firmer and makes doing my brows a breeze.
  • LORAC Croc Palette:  I just heart this palette so much and can't stop raving about it.  Four only having 4 shadows and 1 blush it is so versatile and just perfect for on-the-go and travel.
  • Stila Smudge Stick in Stingray:  I've always like this liner and have had it for a while now, but for some reason it's all I wanted to use this month.  
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin:  I cannot wait to review these pencils for you.  It's performance was phenomenal on me last weekend and I couldn't be happier with it.  Sin, in particular, is just gorgeous.
  • Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Color Correcting Powder:  I bought this during CVS's last clearance sale but it turned out to be too light for me so it's just been sitting around in the way.  For a reason I can't remember now though, I decided to use it to set my concealer and realized how beautiful this powder is.  It's got a lovely pearlescent quality yet no discernable shimmer.  Magic?  
  • Broadway ImPRESS Manicure:  This was the surprise of the month.  I'll be reviewing these soon, but I'm just so astonished that these lasted as long as they did on me.

....and The Rest

  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Purple Pulse:  When I picked this up it looked opaque and slightly metallic in the bottle.  WRONG!!!  It's so extra sheer and streaky and not metallic in the slightest.  Ruined my pedicure!
  • Physician Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip:  Nothing wrong with this quality-wise, just wasn't what I thought it would be in color.  I was just really bummed because I was excited to get this.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really starting to love Physician's Formula! I have a face and blush from them and I reach for them every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I used to overlook them because the price but when you catch them on a good sale they're really worth it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...