Saturday, December 22, 2012

What I Use Each Sigma Sigmax Brush For Part 2: Precisions

The Precision Brushes of the Sigma Sigmax Line, I think, are the most innovative.  I love the idea of mini-sized kabuki's, meant to mimic the abilities of your own fingers when applying creamy products to the face.  Here's what I use each one for, and if you haven't yet, check out my uses for the Kabuki Sigmax brushes here!

P82 - Precision Round
P82 Precision Round - This is definitely the "all-purpose" brush of the pack.  It's the brush that closest mimics the shape of a finger, so anything that you typically use your finger for in makeup application, the P82 is perfect for.  Personally, I tend to use it to blend primer or cream eyeshadow on the lids.  I also grab this for applying highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones or along my browbone.
P80 - Precision Flat
P80 Precision Flat - I don't use this one much, not because I don't like it, but because I don't need it often.  I think this suits concealing blemishes or other small areas best.  My main skin issue is dryness, so I really don't breakout that much.  But when I do, I take the P80 and stipple the concealer over the area to get the highest coverage.
P88 - Precision Flat Angled
P88 Precision Flat Angled - Just like it's big brother the F88, the P88 is my most used out of the Precision brushes.  A long time ago, I mentioned how and why I loved the ELF Studio Angled Contour Brush for applying concealer and I love the P88 for the same reasons.  The flat, angled top allows me to pat the concealer in under my eyes for maximum coverage, while blending it to an airbrushed finish.
P84 - Precision Angled
P84 Precision Angled - This brush is PERFECT for highlighting on top of the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, over the cupid's bow, and along the browbone.  It's also the best at contouring the sides of my nose.  
P86 - Precision Tapered
P86 Precision Tapered - Finally, we have the P86.  Many use this for concealer under the eyes and around the nostrils due to it's tapered head.  I use this most, however, for blending cream eyeshadow into my crease.  It gives me a much more precise application than if I used any of the other brushes.

Hopefully this, along with Part 1, has helped any of you out there struggling with what to use all these different brushes for.  Even though owning all them may seem excessive, they really do all have the specialized use and place among your beauty arsenal.

You can find more information about these brushes on the Sigma website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...