Friday, December 21, 2012

What I Use Each Sigma Sigmax Brush For Part 1: Kabuki's!



I'm sure you've all heard and seen the Sigma Sigmax Kabuki and Precision Brushes in action for quite a while now if you've ever read a beauty blog or watched a guru on YouTube.  They're one of those products that you'd be hard pressed to hear anything negative about.  Personally, I don't have anything to say about these brushes in terms of a review that hasn't already been said before:  they're amazing!  Every single brush in the collection is easily a LOVE!!! for me.

What I did want to do is discuss how I used each one.  Essentially, if you buy the whole kit you're getting 5 brushes for foundation and 5 brushes for concealer.  One may ask, why do you need 10 different brushes for only 2 tasks?  That's a valid question, so I figured I'd lay out my individual uses for each brush.  They do list the uses on the Sigma website, but I don't really go by those and have learned what works best for me through continued use.  Let's get going with the Kabuki's first!

F82 - Round Kabuki
F82 Round Kabuki - This brush is probably the one of the densest and firm of all the collection.  Because of this, I like to use this in particular for applying and buffing in thicker liquid or cream foundations.  It can really blend the foundations with thicker consistencies into your skin without your look becoming streaky or cakey.
F86 - Tapered Kabuki
F86 Tapered Kabuki - I call this my "nook and cranny" brush.  It's tapered head makes it so much easier to get into the tiny spaces and crevices on the face with foundation.  I also use to blend out liquid concealers under my eyes.  It fits perfectly into the area and because of its size, blends quickly and efficiently.
F80 - Flat Kabuki
F80 Flat Kabuki - I love using this when I want more coverage out of a lighter coverage foundation or a loose powder foundation.  For liquids, the flat, dense top allows me to stipple the foundation on my face and build up coverage.  As for mineral, I'm not quite sure why I prefer this one.  I think it's just what I'm used to.  When I first started using mineral foundation, I used ELF's Studio Powder (very similar to the F80) so I naturally grabbed for this one for the same purpose.  It just seems to give me the best coverage.
F88 - Flat Angled Kabuki
F88 Flat Angled Kabuki - The F88 is definitely my most used brush among this line.  It's kind of the same as the F80 above, except that its angled so it fits on my face more naturally.  This is the brush I tend to always grab for unless the foundation leans very thin or very thick.  I'd say I use this when I'm on the go and want the fastest application.
F84 - Angled Kabuki
F84 Angled Kabuki - This is the only Kabuki brush that I don't use at all for foundation purposes.  This brush is better for buffing in cream blushes, bronzers, and highlighters.  The angle makes it great for applying products to the cheeks.  It's also not quite as dense as the F88, so it doesn't apply too much product.

That's it for the Kabuki's.  Part 2, featuring the Precision Sigmax Brushes, to come soon!

You can find more information about these brushes at the Sigma website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...