Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get Your Tokidoki Fix While You Still Can!

You've probably already heard that Tokidoki is hanging up the towel in the beauty department.  I don't know about the rest of their line, but Sephora has had their Tokidoki inventory on clearance for a month now.  There are still plenty of things available for sale at Sephora so it's not too late to get your hands on some things.  I've never used, nor been interested in the brand before, but since it was priced so low, I figured I try some of the products out.  Keep reading for swatches!

Perfetto Eyeliners
L-R:  Sabochan, Rodine Love, Ciao Ciao, Donutella
The Perfetto Liners are waterproof liquid liner pens with felt tip applicators.
L-R:  Sabochan, Rodine Love, Ciao Ciao, Donutella
The felt tips are chiseled in a way that allows great versatility in application, depending on your preferences.  You can get a thin, fine line by just using the very tip of the applicator, or use it more along it's side for a thicker line.

These are, for the most part, like a marker.  I say 'for the most part', because the liner in Sabochan arrived a little leaky. Not like there was liquid liner everywhere, just bit more inky than the other pens.  I'd say while the others were like permanent markers, Sabochan was more like a fountain pen.  I don't know if this is the case with all of the Sabochan liners or if mine was just malfunctioned
L-R:  Sabochan, Donutella, Ciao Ciao, Rodine Love.
Sabochan is black, Donutella is a medium pink, Ciao Ciao is a periwinkle blue, and Rodine Love is white.  These are all matte colors that contain no glitter or sparkle whatsoever.  I've only used the black one so far, so I can't speak for the others, but Sabochan is definitely waterproof.

Gelato Lip Balm Stain

I also threw a Gelato Lip Balm Stain in my basket.  These lip products come in a chapstick-style tube.
I was surprised at how nice the Balm Stain felt on my lips.  It made my lips feel very soft and the balm itself felt very comfortable on my lips.  And it smells and tastes lovely:  like a jolly rancher.
The shade I got was Donutella, and it's described on Sephora as a sheer coral strawberry which I think is very accurate to the results I get on my own lips.  It does, indeed, leave a stain behind on the lips once the balms has worn off.  I found this to be even more pleasant on my lips than Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.  

I really like both of these products and would definitely recommend trying out these, or the other products currently on sale.  The Perfetto Liners are priced at $6 each currently (I bought them at $9) while the Gelato Lip Balm Stains are $3.  Very worth the price!

You can find more information on the Tokidoki Clearance at Sephora's website.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...