Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Wet n' Wild Mega Shield Lip Color Swatches!

You may remember a while ago when I first reviewed the Wet n' Wild Mega Shield Lip Colors.  I wasn't thrilled with the colors I had purchased but thought that the product itself was decent.  I've since seen swatches of more shades which led me to purchase three more of them during a recent Rite Aid 40% off sale on the brand.  I must say that the shades in Salsa Lessons, It's a Girl, and Within These Adobe Walls are much more up my alley!.

L-R:  Salsa Lessons, It's a Girl, Within These Adobe Walls
Salsa Lessons
I've seen swatches of Salsa Lessons on other blogs that made it appear way more of a coral with a bit of a pinky-orange tint to it.  On me it almost just shows up as a plain red with maybe just a slight coral-ness in certain lights.  I'm slightly disappointed about that, but it's still a lovely color.
It's a Girl
It's a Girl is a cool, medium pink on me.  A lot like a cooler version of Pink Champagne but without the heavy frost finish.
Within These Adobe Walls
Within These Adobe Walls is my favorite shade of all the ones I have.  It's a simple peachy-pink that goes with everything.  A great "no-brainer" shade.
L-R:  Salsa Lessons, It's a Girl, Within These Adobe Walls
I like these shades a lot better because of their creamier finishes.  The 2 other shades I first tried had a cheap-looking frost finish that just didn't flatter my dry lips at all.  I'm not really sure who a frost finish suits well now that I think about it.  I definitely recommend looking up swatches of these Lip Colors before purchasing so you know what the finish is going to be.  It's not always easy to tell by just looking at the tube.

You can find more information about these at the Wet n' Wild website.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...