Friday, January 20, 2012

Wet N' Wild Megashield Lip Color Review & Swatches!

Pink Champagne (L) & Peachy Keen (R)
I came across the new Wet N' Wild Megashield Lip Color when perusing the Rite Aid cosmetic aisles this week and decided to pick some up.  If you are interested in these guys, now is the time to get them:  WnW products are 40% off this week at Rite Aid AND there are peel-off $1 coupons on each stick of lip color!  These start off as being $2.99, but by the time all discounts are applied you'll only end up paying $0.79 each!  So even if they don't turn out to be your favorites, you're only out chump change!  Read on for the full review and more swatches of Pink Champagne and Peachy Keen!



This product is yet another one of those hybrid lip colors that are lipsticks and balms in one, a la Revlon Lip Butters, but more lipstick-y than balm-y.  These also include SPF 15.  


These lip colors are very pigmented, so don't get these thinking you're going to get a sheer wash of color.  Treat these as you would lipsticks because that's the quality of color you're gonna get.  


WnW does not make specific claims of hydration/moisturizing, instead using words like "comfort".  I'll tell you right now, you CANNOT apply this if you have chapped lips!  It will show because 1) the formula isn't anymore moisturizing than your average lipstick and 2) I don't know if it's all the colors in the range but the shades I chose have a bit of frost to them, which will highlight dryness.  
Peachy Keen
Peachy Keen
Peachy Keen is a nude with peachy tone.  More nude than peach, so don't be thrown off by the name.  This was my favorite color.  Its a shade I can wear with a large range of looks.  It has a bit of frostiness to it but not too much, just enough to give a boosted glow.
Pink Champagne
Pink Champagne
Pink Champagne is a very frosty medium pink shade.  I liked the actual color, but I wasn't a fan of how frosty it was.  With my winter chapped lips it sunk into all my fine lines and highlighted them.  It made my lips look even dryer than they were to begin with.


Bottom Line:  Amber Likes


I think this is a solid product if you're looking for a nice lip color on a budget.  Even at the full price of $2.99 this is a great bargain.  But if you're looking for something that will nourish you lips, you might not be satisfied with this.  For me though, not too many products can handle my dry lips so I wasn't expecting nor surprised that the Megashield Lip Colors didn't help me in that department.


P.S.  Is anyone else starting to get a bit tired of the Lip Balm/Lip Stick hybrid craze that's happening right now?  I really like the idea of the product, but every brand and their mom is coming out with one and I'm seeing little on actual lip balm benefits front from any of the products I've tried so far.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...