Friday, May 3, 2013

Sephora Disney Storylook Palette Vol 2: Jasmine


As excited as I was when I heard about the Cinderella palette, I just about blew a gasket when I found out the next princess to be featured at Sephora was going to be Jasmine!  Jasmine was my absolute favorite princess growing up (probably because she was the only princess at the time that looked anything like me at all).  And seeing the shades included, the Jasmine Storylook palette is just in time for the Summer with its warm shadows.

Jasmine's palette features more detailing than Cinderella's.  I love the kind of lattice bordering they've got going on.
Inscribed at the top is:  "you're only in trouble if you get caught". :)
I don't think I mentioned this in the Cinderella review, but both palettes feature a pull-out drawer design, which, to be honest, I'm not that fond of.  I'd rather it just have a lid that you could pull up.  But whatevs.
The shadows actually pop out of the drawer they sit in, so you can reuse the box when the shadows are gone if you want.
Jasmine differs from Cinderella in that instead of having 20 eyeshadows, Jasmine has 15 shadows, 1 blush, and 1 bronzer.  I wouldn't have minded if they repeated the same arrangement as Cinderella, but it's cool that they did something different.  Makes me wonder what they're planning with the next princess...
L-R:  Blue Oasis, Trust Me, Abu, Ali Ababwa, Sultana
Blue Oasis is a bright aqua satin.
Trust Me is a metallic rusty cranberry.
Abu is a metallic taupey brown.
Ali Ababwa is a light cream matte.
Sultana is a light rosy nude shimmer.
L-R:  Friend Like Me, Master, Cosmic, Cave of Wonders, Sand in the Glass
Friend Like Me is medium sky blue shimmer.
Master is a deep eggplant shimmer.
Cosmic is a warm champagne frost.
Cave of Wonders is a canary gold shimmer.
Sand in the Glass whitened gold frost.
L-R:  Lapis, Mystical Wonder, Rajah, Arabian Sunset, Bazaar
Lapis is a teal blue matte.
Mystical Wonder is a bluish purple shimmer.
Rajah is a satin rusty orange.
Arabian Sunset is a satin coral.
Bazaar is a medium brown matte.
L-R:  Thrilling Chase & Golden Sands
Thrilling Chase is a dusky rose with some shimmer.
Golden Sands is a golden bronze with shimmer.

The quality within this palette is much more consistent than with Cinderella's.  The only shades I had trouble with was Ali Ababwa and Lapis, both applying patchy and not with the amount of pigmentation the other shades came with.

Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES!!!

I like that the quality seems to be getting better with these palettes.  I'm hoping we get Ariel next!  Which princess are eagerly awaiting?

You can find more information about this palette on Sephora's website.  It retails for $55.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...