Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sephora Story Look Palette Vol 1: Cinderella Swatches


Seeing this palette on Christmas morning, despite the fact that I was well aware my mother had bought it for me, almost brought me to tears.  There is something about Disney Princesses that makes me feel so nostalgic!  So you can imagine that Sephora mixing Disney and makeup together was exactly my kind of product!

The outside of the palette features a silhouette of Cinderella in her ball gown and gorgeous golden detailing around the border.
Also inscribed is the phrase "fairytales do come true".  Are you in love yet?
Inside, you get 20 eyeshadows inspired by the film.  I think Sephora did a really good job creating colors that truly mimicked some things in the movie.
L-R:  Maiden, All Aglow, Destined, Cinderelly, Pumpkin Coach
Maiden is a deep fuchsia shimmer.
All Aglow is a nude warm light beige shimmer with a rosy undertone.
Destined is a pale sky blue shimmer.
Cinderelly is a pale sea foam green matte.
Pumpkin is a pale peach matte.
L-R:  Ball Gown, Kilt Joy, Fairy Godmother, Glass Slipper, Royal
Ball Gown is a pearly metallic white.  I believe it's supposed to mimic Cinderella's wedding gown.
Kilt Joy is a metallic dirty grey.
Fairy Godmother is a pale periwinkle blue with a slight golden sheen.
Glass Slipper is an extremely pale sky blue with a slight sheen.
Royal is a matte medium turquoise blue.
L-R:  Gus Gus, Charming, Chateau, Palace, Drizella
Gus Gus is a buttery metallic gold.  I think this is inspired by his shirt.
Charming is a light beige with a golden sheen.
Chateau is a medium warm taupe brown.
Palace is a beige nude shimmer.  Much like All Aglow minus the rosiness and it's not as warm.
Drizella is a metallic bronze.
L-R:  Cinders, Jaq, Midnight, A Wish, Rococco
Cinders is a matte black base with copper shimmers throughout.
Jaq is a metallic ashy taupe.
Midnight is a metallic gunmetal.
A Wish is a matte cream.
Rococco is a matte dark brown that leans warm.

When I swatched the first row, I was a bit worried that the shadows wouldn't be that great.  Other than Maiden and Destined, all the shades in the first row were patchy and not so pigmented.

Luckily this wasn't the case for the vast majority of the shades in this palette.  Pigmentation and texture was great, especially with with the metallic shades, as per the usual with shadows.  I guess I had the most trouble with the mattes included, although A Wish swatched quite well compared to the others.

Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES!!!!!!

To be honest, something seriously wrong would've had to go down with this thing for me not to love it.  This is one of the rare occasion that I bought something almost exclusively because of the packaging and the meaning behind it.  Cinderella and the rest of Disney Princesses are pretty sentimental for me, and as long as Sephora puts out these Story Look Palettes, I'll continue to cop them.  And before you ask:  Yes, I bought the Jasmine palette too.  You can expect a post about that soon :)

You can find more information on this palette at Sephora's website.  It retails for $55.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...