Saturday, April 27, 2013

Squatting onto the Bandwagon: 30 Day Squat Challenge!

Scrolling down on Facebook the other day I came across a before and after photo from a friend that's been on a weight loss journey for a quite a while now.  I assumed that this was just photo documenting her success from her normal diet and exercise plan, but it turned out to be results fromthis 30 Day Squat Challenge.

The change from before to after on her was outstanding!  You could see a definite big difference with her legs.  Usually I find this type of stuff gimicky but it did spark my interest in a major way.  Obviously I decided to start it myself.

But I must say:  I'm not doing it for the results.

Now, don't get me wrong, it would be great if I do see a change with my body.  But I really want to get back into exercising for my health and my body image.  For me, this challenge is about proving to myself that I can commit to something and carry it through.

So here I am, on Day 3 having completed 60 squats.  I couldn't believe I was even able to make it through the first day.  Each day, it's gotten the most challenging around 30 squats or so but I've reached the goal each time and I'm happy with that. 

I'm not even sure I'm doing the squats correctly, but like I said, I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.  A part of that is why I'm posting about this, to make myself even more accountable.  So I'll keep you guys posted as I continue through the next 27 days!

Has anyone else heard of this challenge?  Is this something you'd be interested in doing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...