Monday, February 4, 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Caresse Lipstick in Sunset Angora Review

These lip butters never end, do they?  Today we have L'Oreal's answer to Revlon in the form of Color Riche Caresse Lipsticks.  I can't say I mind this trend too much as I'm partial to these more moisturizing, sheer lip colors than the more traditional lipsticks.  So how does Caresse stack up? Check it out!

The first, and my favorite, thing I want to talk about is the packaging.  It feels so high end and luxurious.  It's in this gold casing that reminds me of YSL lipsticks.
The shade I picked up was Sunset Angora.  It's an absolutely gorgeous peachy coral with a bit of strawberry in the mix.
Even though I have a ton of corals and peaches in my lip collection, there is something different about the color.  I just adore it. It glides on quite easily and the color is buildable depending on how opaque you want it to be.

Comparing Caresse to the Revlon Lip Butters, I'd have to say Caresse has more of a "slip" to it, if that makes any sense.  Not that they're greasy, but they move around a lot more.  They also don't have the hydration that the Lip Butters have.  In fact, they can be a bit drying, so I have to make sure my lips are well exfoliated and moisturized before application.
Can you see the dry spots on my lips?  Gross!  It's a beautiful color though!

Bottom Line:  Amber Likes

I love the packaging and the color, so I'm interested in trying other shades, but I prefer the formula of Revlon's Lip Butters.  Have you tried any of these lip colors?  What did you think?

You can find more information on these lipsticks on L'Oreal's website.  It retails for $10.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...