Tuesday, January 29, 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad in So Over It Review

I'm slowly beginning to realize that, for the most part, drugstore eyeshadows are not for me.  I'm by far not a makeup snob and whenever I can get a quality product for cheaper I'm all for it.  But aside from NYX and Wet n' Wild, drugstore shadows always seem to disappoint me.  So is the case with L'Oreal's new Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad in So Over It.  The name of this quad is quite fitting though, because that's exactly how I'd describe my feeling right now.

So Over It had the shadow combination that most drew my eyes to it.  You get a golden copper, frosty white gold, dark plum, and a black with purple shimmers.
Now, I realize the swatches here don't look terrible, but the formula with these shadows was not fun to play around with.  It took several layers of swatches to get the pigmentation of the 2 lighter shades on the left to show up, and the frosty white applied quite patchy.  The 2 darker shades were easier to work with, but the formula on all 4 shades was quite dry.

Because of the dryness, I had a very hard time getting the shadows to adhere to my lids.  Once again, the darker shades applied a bit easier, but the overall experience was a chore.

Bottom Line:  Amber gives up....

I'm kind of tired of giving drugstore eyeshadows a chance, only to be disappointed time and time again.  From now on I'm only interested well after I've read a TON of glowing reviews first.  

You can find more information about this product on L'Oreal's website.  It retails for $8.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...