Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Got To Try Out Mia Mariu Products!

It's times like these when I'm glad I write a blog instead of filming YouTube videos, because I have no I idea how to pronounce the name of the brand I'm telling you about today :)  About a month ago, I was given the chance to play with some of products of my choice from Mia Mariu, a company I had never heard of until now.  Needless to say, I had no idea what to expect but I've finally had the time to really use them so take the jump to take a peek :)

Taking a look on the website, it seems that Mia Mariu specializes in more "natural" and mineral kind of makeup/skincare, which is cool.  Any chance I can find new products without the gunk is a good time.

It also seems as though they have some sort of Mary Kay or Avon type of thing going on with their marketing scheme.  It looks like individuals can become Mia Advisors and sell the company's products themselves.  I haven't looked too much into this as this review is only focused on the actual products, so if you're interested in more information you can look here on they're website.

Now, on to the makeup!  I'll start with the products I really liked, which were most of them.
Multipurpose Eye Color Brush
The Multipurpose Eye Color Brush is a typical tapered blending brush.  The hairs were soft, yet firm enough to blend efficiently.  I found that it picked up shadow very well and placed it in a controlled manner, so it can very easily be used to apply and blend product at the same time.

It retails for $20.
I chose the shade Rose Marquesa in their Mineral Eye Shadow Duos.  It has a rusty maroon shade on the left, and a light peachy pink with champagne undertones on the right.

These shadows were my absolute favorite things I received from the company.  Incredibly soft, zero fallout, and unrivaled application!  I used to primer with these shadows and I quickly saw that I would never actually need too.  The colors are even more beautiful on the eyes than they are in the pan.  Ugh....I'm in love!

Shadow Duos retail for $18.



I knew I would like the Hydrating Stick Gloss before I formally reviewed it.  It feels amazing on the lips!  Any dryness I had was immediate disguised and it wasn't sticky at all.  It was as smooth as honey.

I got the shade in Capricho, which is kind of a nude warm pink.

Hydrating Stick Glosses retail for $15.

Mineral Blush in Corazon de Melon....you know I had to get a corally color!  I wasn't sure about this product when I first swatched it.  I was worried it would be too harsh on my skin.  However it gave me a lovely summer flush on my cheeks.  Like I had been out on the beach and had an awesome day out in the sun.

Mineral Blushes retail for $17.

Now for the products I wasn't so head over heels for....

When mascaras claim to be able to do both volumizing and lengthening, that usually is a bad omen for diasspointing things to come.  Unfortunately, this is the case with the so aptly named Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara.  It did neither for my lashes.  I might as well had not even applied anything as my lashes were hardly darkened.

It retails for $13.

I was most excited for the Illuminating Magic Satin, so it was doubly sad when I found I didn't like it.  It's a apricot highlighter with undertones of peach and golden shimmers.

First of all, I didn't realize it was going to be a cream.  Not that I have a problem with cream highlighters, I just didn't expect it.  I found that when I applied it along my cheekbones it slightly accentuated tiny bumps that I have there but don't normally appear.  I think this was due to the 

My main gripe with this product however, is the actual formula.  I opened this as soon as I received it so that I could do swatches.  Then again, a few weeks after that first day.  I was surprised to see that the top layer had already dried out.  When I tried to rub that part away, it created this kinda gross gunky mess.  I had to use my nails to open the compact, so I know it was securely closed.  

It retails for $17.
L-R:  Stick Gloss, Magic Satin, blush, Shadow Duo
Me wearing Mia Mariu products
Overall Brand Bottom Line:  Amber Likes!!!

I was impressed with most of the items I tested out here to the point where I'd recommend trying them out.  If you're interested in any products, I'd say definitely go for either the shadows or the stick gloss.  They're crazy awesome!
  
The only hesitation I have though is that because I was given these products free for review, I don't have experience at all with their customer service experience.  The lady I spoke with was very nice, but I didn't have to go through the typical checkout process so I can't share my experience with that.

If any of you have heard of or bought products from this company before, please let us know how it went in the comment section below :)

For more information about the company visit their website here!


Disclosure:  I was provided the products above by Mia Mariu free of charge.  I did not receive any compensation for this review, nor was I required to do a review at all.  As always, all opinions and experiences expressed are completely my own and in no way influenced by any other party or circumstances.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...