Friday, January 11, 2013

ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow Review!

I see this one picture of Kim Kardashian almost every day.  It's of the side of her face, which has has been heavily contoured and highlighted, and she looks fabulous.  I'm assuming the highlighter is NARS Albatross, a well known favorite of hers.  I'd love to have it myself but its price is a little steep for me these days, so when I saw that ELF had a similar blush I figured I'd pick one up...

ELF's Studio Blushes have a similar look to NARS with it's sleek black packaging.  I'd venture to say that I sometimes prefer the plastic of ELF than the rubberized outsides of NARS.  Every beauty addict knows how annoying it is to pay almost $30 for a blush that you can never keep clean because every little morsel of powder sticks to it.  Even though plastic looks cheaper, at least you can wipe it off easily.
This highlighting blush is in the shade Gotta Glow.  In the pan, it appears to be kind of an off white powder.
Once swiped, it still retains its off-white appearance.  However, once it hits the light it has the lovely golden sheen that Albatross is known for.  The shimmer included is finely milled so you don't have to worry about any chunkiness.

I was nervous while looking at the swatch that the product would look powdery on my skin, as you can see from the photo above.  But once you blend it out on your face that golden flash takes precedence and I didn't experience any chalkiness on my cheeks at all.

I did notice, though, that the product exacerbated the appearance of uneven texture on my cheeks.  I have a few tiny sporadic bumps and freckles where I typically apply highlighter that I hardly notice normally.  Gotta Glow made them look really bad though, like I had a breakout or something.  

Bottom Line:  Meh...

I don't really feel anything toward this product myself.  I don't hate it, but the way it makes my skin's texture look makes me not like it too much either.  If you have really smooth skin with no bumps or pores, you probably won't have a problem with this one.  

You can find more information about this product on ELF's website.  It retails for $3, but I got it for $1.50 during one of their many sales :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...