Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream Review

ELF's Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder has been a longstanding favorite among those who look for the feel of NARS without the hefty NARS price tag.  Seeing that the company came out with a cream version of the top product I couldn't wait to try it.

The packaging is exactly the same as the powder formula.  Very NARS-esque but plastic instead of a rubberized exterior.
The compact is in the shade St. Lucia, just like the corresponding color in powder form.  You get a peachy pink cream and a medium warm bronze cream.  Where the shades in the powder compact had gold shimmer in both colors, the creams feature zero shimmer, which I prefer especially for the bronzer.  That way I can use it for contouring.  
Both shades have lovely pigmentation.  I was worried that they wouldn't show up on my skin and that the bronzer wouldn't be dark enough for me to contour with, but I had no problems with either shade.  

I like to use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to push the blush along my cheeks and to buff the bronzer into the places I contour.  It creates a seamless and natural look that I love.

Sadly, there is one stick in the mud when it comes to this product:  it's longevity, or lack thereof.  I rarely have a problem with any product lasting on my face, but this duo doesn't last through the day for me.  I'd give it 2-3 hours before the blush has all but vanished.  The bronzer seems to hang on for a little longer, but you can easily see where it has faded as time goes on.

I've even set both creams with powder and they still fade quite easily :-/

Bottom Line:  Amber Likes!

This would have been a definite love were it not for the drastically short wear time.  I'm not the type of person who expects or needs her makeup to last from dawn till dusk, but I don't think wanting things to last more than a couple hours is asking too much.

I do recommend this if you only need a short wear out of them.  It's easy to apply and looks so natural on the face.  Despite the one major con, I don't regret this purchase at all.

You can find more information about this product on the ELF website.  It retails for $3.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...