Sunday, December 16, 2012

So I Have Some Sort of Blogger's Block.....WTF?

I've been MIA for a while now and I just wanted to peek in for a second to apologize.  I just made it through finals week and, thus, the end of my first semester in grad school.  I've had to churn out more assignments and papers within these last 2 weeks than I've had to the entire semester.  So originally I decided to take a small break from Amber Likes Beauty (and the rest of all things fun in my life) so I could focus on the end of school.  At the time, it seemed like a responsible, grown up thing to do.

Well, now it turns out that I've seemed to have lost my juice, so to speak.  I don't know if I'm a little burned out from the past 2 weeks or what but every time I sit down to put out a post I can almost hear the crickets in my mind.

I think a big part of the problem is that I'm overwhelmed.  While in school, I never stopped the rate that I bought new makeup (especially when the holiday sales started).  But at the same time I haven't had time to really use any of it.  Getting up early for my hour and half commute to work and school made me dread rolling out of bed let alone getting all prettied up.  So I really haven't been able to use all these new products and therefore cannot review them yet.

Being so overwhelmed has also kind of put a negative feeling towards blogging for me, which I don't want that to happen because I LOVE doing this so much.  I've just been dreading it lately because I know I don't have anything worth writing about.

I've done a lot of whining in this post, but my purpose isn't to call the WAHHHHHMBULANCE here, it just to 1) beg your forgiveness and 2) let you know what's going on with me and that I'm not purposefully ignoring you.  I just don't know what to do right now.  Hopefully I can get my act together soon because I miss you guys sooooooo much <3 p="p">
I'd love any advice from you guys on how to get over this wall of funk too!  Have any of you ever hit some sort of wall in whatever it is you do?  How did you get through it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...