Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Maybelline Quad in Seashore Frosts: What A Let Down!


When I first laid my eyes on the Maybelline Quad in Seashore Frosts, I instantly had to have it!  I just thought the color combination was so gorgeous and unusual for the drugstore.  Imagine my disappointment when I realize this sucked hard!

Just as far as the colors go:  Base is a very pale sky blue, Lid is a light lilac, Crease is a plum with reddish shimmer, and Liner is a dark forest green that verges on teal.

Like I said, the choice of colors provided her are to die for.  If you have brown eyes like me you're probably drooling on your keyboard right now.  Well, let me pull you out of your euphoria......


The quality of the shadows is the worst.  For the most part, these are very dry, sheer, chalky shadows.  I was surprised that the light blue shade ended up being the most pigmented of the bunch.  

When you try to blend these on your eyes, it ends up just looking like a muddy mess with no distinction between colors.

Bottom Line:  Amber Hates!!!

I was so genuinely disappointed with this product.  When you get used to the inexpensive excellence that is Wet n Wild shadows, you don't expect that companies out there still make sucky shadows, especially when they cost more.  I've heard good things about Maybelline's Eye Studio quads, so I'd suggest going for those if you're dying to get shadow from the company.

You can find more information about this product on Maybelline's website.  It retails for around $6.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...