Monday, December 31, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips Review in Pink Punch!

Maybelline Baby Lips....oh how I have avoided you.  I don't know what it was about Baby Lips when it first appeared on store shelves, but I was left feeling rather unenthusiastic.  It appeared to me to be a mere tinted chapstick that, once applied, might as well be clear.  Of course, I had nothing to base this assumption on, it's just was I thought.  Well, after seeing a good sale and needing a couple dollars more to qualify for free shipping, I decided to go ahead and give it a try.  Check it out after the jump!

Baby Lips is in the size and style of a typical chapstick-type product.  
It comes with a bunch of seemingly overzealous claims, as per the usual.  It's supposed to be "clinical strength".  You know whenever you see the word "clinical", the company means business. ;-)
I chose the shade Pink Punch, which is a medium cool toned pink.  After researching through a few blogs, it seemed like it would be the most pigmented of the colors available.
I got a little nervous when I first swatched it on my hand because it did, indeed, come off a bit sheer.  I didn't think it would show up on my lips.
I must admit though that I was satisfied with the pigmentation once applied.  It did give my lips a pink hue that was definitely noticeable.  It also seems to be somewhat buildable, able to go from quite sheer to a medium opacity.  

What actually surprised me though, and the reason I've finally decided to review this, is that it did seem to really soften my lips temporarily.  A few moments after application I felt the dry parts of my lips soften and diminish!  

Needless to say, I was ready to come home and give this a glowing review.  Unfortunately, however, by the time I got home, which wasn't too long after application mind you, the product wore off and my lips were back to their dry, crackily selves.  My biggest gripe with Baby Lips is that it doesn't seem to last very long at all.  I'm talking less time than your average chapstick.  

Bottom Line:  Amber Likes

I was surprised that the color actually showed up and that, while it was there, it really did help to soften my lips.  If it lasted longer, though, I'd be quicker to recommend.

You can find more information about this product on Maybelline's website.  It retails from $3-4 depending where you go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...