Saturday, November 10, 2012

MUA Every Lash Mascara Review


It's safe to say I'm totally obsessed with UK drugstore (or I guess I should say "high street") brands.  I'm in love with Sleek and now MUA and I just can't stop!  So let's talk about this Every Lash Mascara, shall we?

This mascara claims to be a one-stop shop with both volume and lengthening benefits.
The brush reminds me a lot of Benefit's They're Real Mascara's with its plastic bristles and the tip of the brush being fully surrounded by them.  I found this aspect, however, useless with all mascaras that employ them since the tip just pulls a big clump of mascara gunk out with it so you can't use it for reaching those hard-to-get-to lashes.  But I like the brush overall.  It's on the leaner side, so it's not hard to use without making a mess.

The formula leans a bit on the dry side.  Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not the driest I've ever come across, but it's definitely not wet.  I'm actually finding more and more that I prefer drier formulas.  They tend to add real volume instead of just clumps.
1 coat
One coat of Every Lash is pretty much a waste of time.  It pretty much just gives my lashes a darker color, making them more apparent but does not increase volume nor length in any way.
2 coats
Two coats is where the real magic happens.  Do you see where it looks the actual amount of lashes seems to have multiplied?  "Every Lash" is a pretty accurate name for this mascara when it comes to the 2nd coat because it really does seem to bring out every single lash you have.  

I don't see the individual lashes getting thicker, though, and I also don't notice in actual lengthening.  But that still doesn't shake my amazement at how my lashes have appeared to doubled in count!
3 coats
I wouldn't recommend going past a 2nd coat.  Not that it hurts at all, but just that it doesn't seem to do anything.  I found with this mascara it's best to stick to just 2 coats.  No more, no less.

Bottom Line:  Amber Likes!!

I was really impressed with the multiplying effect I got with this mascara, and if I got some length out of it this would have probably been a "Love".  While it doesn't deliver on the length, I would still check this out if you want to make all your lashes stand out!

And one random thing I forgot to mention, this has a fruity smell to it.  So if you hate that typical mascara smell, this really might for you.  If a scented mascara is off-putting to you however, I can say that for me it didn't irritate my eyes at all and I didn't notice the scent at all until I actually put the brush to my nose for a sniff. 

You can find more information about this mascara at the MUA website.  It retails for 3 euros, which comes out to be about $4.77 US.  

Just a tip:  MUA is currently holding a thing on their company Facebook page where they feature a different sale every time they reach a certain number of facebook fans.  They are extremely close to hitting 35K, which will result in a 35% off + free shipping sale pretty soon.  So if you're interested in buying some MUA products 1) like their page so that you can 2) participate in their sale.  Shipping can be high internationally so this would be the time to make a purchase!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...