Friday, October 26, 2012

A Blast from Summer's Past: Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette Swatches

I've had Smashbox's Shades of Fame Palette for so freaking long, yet have done nothing with it.  So instead of me waiting until I have enough playtime with it so I can properly review it, I figured I ought to go ahead and at least show you the swatches.  Especially since, being that this is a summer palette, it's going to have little relevance to many you now that we're approaching winter...

Along with the Shades of Fame shadow palette, you also get a deluxe sample of Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer, which I featured in my last Sample Sunday.
Aside from 9 eyeshadows, you also get 2 cream liners and one double ended eye brush.
L-R:  Bliss, Honey, Sandstone, Nude, Sherbert
L-R:  Safari, Pacific, Praline, Mocha, Gold Liner, Bronze Liner, Primer
I bought this palette primarily for the shadows in Honey and Sherbert, and they did not disappoint.  Honey is like a yellow-beige with a strong pink duochrome.  I don't have any other shadow like it.  Sherbert is a bright coral with gold shimmers. 

I also really like Safari and Mocha.  Safari is an olive green and Mocha is a bronze, but both of them are the darkest shade of olive and bronze that I've ever seen.

Just based on the swatches, there really aren't any duds that I can detect as of yet.  Hopefully I can figure up a way to use this soon.  It's one of those products you get that are great in quality and have no desire to return or sell, yet I can never bring myself to use it.  Weird.....

You can find more information on this palette at the Smashbox website.  It retails for $48 at Sephora.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...