Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Tragically Abandoned: Revlon 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quads

I've made no effort to calm the fire that is my disappointment with Revlon's newest 16-hour Eyeshadow quads.  To make things worse, I got the chance to purchase the older, 12-hour Eyeshadow Quads on clearance after I tried the 16-hour ones, and of course I fell in love with them.  So my question is now, why mess with something that isn't broken?  Either way, even though I don't typically like to share things on this blog that are discontinued, I did want to share these on the off chance you might come across these at a Big Lots or something.  In that case, you really should grab these up!

Lavender Meadow
Lavender Meadow is just drop dead gorgeous.  You have a lilac, a lavender, a soft mint green, and a dark plum.  Set this off with a warm bronze liner and you're an instant showstopper!  I can't tell you how many times I've done this look.
Lavender Meadow
Pigmentation is great here, so much better than the 16-hour quads.  As you may be able to tell, the shadows are a bit powdery in the swatches, but this doesn't translate too much on the actual lid.  They blend beautifully with each other as well.
Nude Elements
For those of you how love your neutrals, Nude Elements should be right up your alley!  You've got your standard pearl, bronzey gold, dark shimmery brown, and dark charcoal shades.
Nude Elements
Same here as the Lavendar Meadow quad in terms of quality.  Aka, it's awesome!

Bottom Line:  Amber REALLY Likes!!!!!

I just wanted to show you these 2 quickly because they've become true staples in my collection.  And because I'm a bit bitter that these were passed up in favor of the newer, underwhelming quads.  Hopefully you might stumble upon these during a random trip through a clearance section.  Or you can grab them off of Ebay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...