Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Revlon Colorstay 16-Hour Quad Review in Precocious!

So I copped a coupon for $2 off the new Revlon Colorstay 16-Hour Eyeshadow Quad and used it during last week's BOGO 50% off sale at Rite Aid.  My instinct was to get one of the several more neutral quads in the collection but instead chose the quad in Precocious to deviate from my own personal norm.  Full review and swatches after the jump!

Precocious is a quad great for smoky gray and purple looks.  According to the packaging, clockwise starting with the lightest color, there is a highlight color, lid shade, crease color, and outer V color.
L-R:  Highlight, Lid, Outer V, Crease
The highlight shade included is a light shimmery gray and the lid color is a metallic gunmetal shade.  On the bottom row the crease color is a dark plum that has a slight sheen while the outer V color is a mauve with a touch of shimmer.


I'm just gonna get right to the point:  I was disappointed with this quad.  I didn't find the shades very pigmented, especially when I know I can get more pigmented colors from cheaper brands like Wet n' Wild.  The mauve-y outer V color in particular was barely visible, and I also found it odd that Revlon intended you use that color in your outer V as I'm used to using darker colors there.  The colors as a whole aren't really unique either.  I have a good number of shadows in my collection that could easily be swapped for all of them, if not just down-right dupes to begin with (which I will be doing a comparison post on soon!). I don't really have much more to say about it honestly. I just felt very "blah" about it overall.


On a brighter side, they didn't fade on me at all.  On the other hand, however, I have never had a problem with any shadow from any brand ever fading on me so I didn't expect any different from this quad and didn't buy it because of that feature.


Bottom Line:  Amber...will be returning this :(


I guess I just assumed since Revlon was boasting such a longer wear time with these quads that the shadows would be more pigmented, as is the case with other similar products I've used.  So maybe my disappointment is partly my own fault.  Who knows?  


I did do a look with this quad using the eyeshadow map on the back of the quad, so look forward to that FOTD soon! (The FOTD is up now!  You can see it here.  I also put up a post comparing the shadows to other shadows I already own, that you can see here.) 


I do know that many others do really like these quads, but I wasn't impressed.  I wish I was since Rite Aid is having a 40% off sale on all Revlon eye cosmetics, so if you are interested in picking these up this is the week to do it.  Don't you hate when a product is great for everyone but you?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...