Monday, May 28, 2012

Some Quick Swatches of Urban Decay's 15th Anniversary Palette!

When Urban Decay's 15th Anniversary Palette first came out for some reason I wasn't interested.  Of course when it became unavailable I decided I just had to have it and as luck would have it, Sephora brought it back in stock so I jumped at the chance.  Just like theBalm's Nude Tude palette, I'm not going to give a formal review, just a quick batch of swatches for you since this product has been out on the market for a while and I'm sure you've read plenty of reviews already.  In a later post, I will also do a comparison of these shades and other UD shadows in case you're wondering if the palette is worth the purchase if you're like me and already have a ton of other UD palettes already.  So without further adieu...take the jump for more swatches!

The shadows are enclosed in a reusable box with a mirror-finish (which catches fingerprints like a mother!), and pretty detailing along the sides.  It's not travel-friendly though I don't think it's supposed to be.  It's the kind of packaging made for collectors to appreciate.
Inside are 15 completely new shades (new, at least, at the original time of the palette's release), which is great for me since it seems when I normally get UD palettes there's at least 1 or 2 repeats of shadows I already owned previously.  I can't tell you how many Smog's and Gunmetal's have, neither of which I barely ever use.
From L-R:  Midnight Rodeo (metallic warm taupe w/ glitter), Midnight 15 (very light metallic taupe w/ glitter), Vanilla (while gold base w/ yellow flash - love this color, swatch doesn't do it justice!), Flow (warm peachy gold - a little disappointed the peach doesn't show up much once it's out of the pan), Chase (metallic bronzey gold)
From L-R:  Tainted (pale pinky lilac w/ gold shimmer - my favorite!), Junkshow (blue-based fucshia), Omen (light purple base w/ blue shift - very flattering on my brown eyes), Evidence (dark metallic navy blue), Deep End (cross between an ocean blue and teal)
From L-R:  Deeper (metallic golden bronze), M.I.A (shimmery golden dark brown), Ace (metallic charcoal gray), Blackout (deep matte black - the only matte in the palette), Half Truth (shimmery dark smoky purple)


So there you go, the 15th Anniversary Palette in all it's glory.  I'm very happy with it, much more happy than with the Book of Shadows IV.  I haven't given the swatches/review for that palette yet, mostly because I can't figure out what to do with it.  I'm starting to understand why you can so easily snag it for $24 now...


Look out for the comparison post of this and other Urban Decay shadows.  I'm guessing many of you can already spot 1 or 2 shades that are giving you just a bit of deja vu...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...