Monday, April 9, 2012

Isn't this a pleasant surprise? Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadow Singles Review

As you may have read, I wasn't too keen on Revlon's new Colorstay quads (review here).  They just weren't pigmented enough for my taste.  But while I was testing the quad, 2 of Revlon's Luxurious Color Single Eyeshadows were quietly waiting for some attention at the bottom of my shadow drawer.  I had bought them during CVS's beauty clearance sale last year and didn't have high hopes for them, especially after my experience with both the old and new quads.  Lucky for me though, I recently decided to give them a chance and was very delighted with both of them.  More info and swatches after the jump!

Nude Slip (L) & Violet Starlet (R)
The two shades that I purchased were Nude Slip (warm bronzed champagne with slight taupe undertones) and Violet Starlet (plum with gorgeous baby blue sparkles).  Revlon seems to have categorized this singles by their finishes, with Nude Slip being described as a satin and Violet Starlet as a perle.  Nude Slip is a great nude color for me.  I find that many colors said to be "nude" are way to light to be nude for me, but Nude Slip is a nice medium shade that illuminates my lids beautifully.  Violet Starlet is just THE perfect shade for any plum smokey eye!  It blends out superbly and the blue shimmer gives it an extra oomph.


Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3


I wish I had realized how awesome these were during the CVS clearance sale, I would've bought more.  I don't have one negative thing to say about these, only that I'm bummed I don't own all of them.  You can see me wearing Violet Starlet here, and I'm in the process of posting a look using Nude Slip.  


You can check these out at revlon.com and they retail for $4.99.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...