Friday, February 24, 2012

Walmart Coupon Wallet...My New Bestie!!

Having a makeup addiction when the economy sucks and you don't have a traditional full time job is not a great thing.  Then deciding to start a blog documenting your makeup addiction and therefore having even more reason to buy new things is an even worse thing.  But it is what it is and I have to work with it.  Enter my new obsession:  couponing!  I'm learning a lot and I'm thinking about doing a blog series about this frugal journey I'm embarking on, but for the meantime I'd like to introduce to my new best friend that I found at Walmart.  I was having trouble organizing all my coupons so my mom pointed this Coupon Organizer out to me in the office section and I've been in coupon heaven ever since.  Check it out after the jump!

First off let me tell you that this isn't really called a Coupon Organizer/Wallet so don't go into the store looking for an item with that specific title.  To be honest I've since thrown out the packaging so I really don't know exactly what it's called (bad blogger!) besides just a small expanding file.  But if you are interested just go into your local Walmart's office section and look for the aisle with the expanding files.  The one you want is the smallest one of the bunch, a bit bigger than a checkbook holder :)
When you open the wallet you can see the expanding file part of it and included are a number of labels (alphabetical & month labels) that you can use.  For my purposes, I found it most useful to organize my labels first by stores, so I just took the alphabetical labels and used them to represent the stores (RS-Rite Aid, CD-CVS, W-Walgreens, TUV-Target, etc.).  Behind those sections I've been organizing some by brands and some by product type.  Whatever the way you choose to organize, you do have 13 slots to play around with :)
From the top you can see an opening from the back that includes a pull out notepad!
I really like this because you flip it to the back and use it as a shopping list!  It's very convenient when I'm on a shopping trip and I'm trying to stay focused on what I need and not what I randomly want ;-)


Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES <3<3<3<3<3


This Coupon Wallet has made my couponing life so much easier.  I really think it (or something like it) is a Couponer Essential!  I scored this at Walmart for just under $10.  There are some really pretty ones sewn by people on Etsy between $8-$35 and I also saw a basic small expanding file on Amazon for $5.  


P.S. If anyone is in fact interested in me doing a blog series on couponing, feel free to let me know :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...