Friday, January 20, 2012

E.L.F. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils Swatches!

L-R:  Twinkle Teal, Iconic Ivory, Grassy Green,
Precious Pink, Blissful Blush, Black Bandit
Just like yesterday with the ELF Studio Cream Liners, these Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils have unfortunately gotten swallowed up in the black hole that is my makeup collection.  And once again, I'm kicking myself for not having made them a priority because they are awesome!  They're very creamy and pigmented and would be perfect for lining or even use as a base.  Check out the swatches after the jump!



L-R:  Grassy Green, Twinkle Teal, Blissful Blush,
Precious Pink, Iconic Ivory, Black Bandit
All these shades, as suggested by the name, have shimmer in it, so let's get that out of the way first.  And the shimmers are quite fine so don't fear getting gigantic chunks of glitter getting in your eyes.


Grassy Green is the shade that had me most intrigued, as I don't have any bright true green liner in my collection and can't think of any other liner like it.  ELF is really going all out with their teals lately as evidenced by the Cream Liner in Teal Tease and Cream Shadow in Teal Party, and Twinkle Teal is no exception:  a beautiful bright teal.  Blissful Blush perked my interest as I couldn't figure out from the shade swatch on the company's website what to expect.  It turned out to be a frosty taupe color that leans a teensy bit pink/violet.  Precious Pink is the least pigmented out of the bunch, but I don't mind as I think it would be awesome on the waterline to brighten up the eyes, as it gives a nice translucent pink sparkle.  The perfect shade to use when using my Quick TIP for brightening up the eye without harsh white liner!  Iconic Ivory can be used in the same way and does remind me of the ELF Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Pearl/Glow, although it may be a bit more pigmented.  I think I would've actually preferred Iconic Ivory in my FOTD Eyes Wide Shut look rather than the Pearl/Glow I used.  Finally, Black Bandit is a dark black with shimmer.  You can never have enough black liner ;)


I think I prefer some of these as just all over lid colors, especially Precious Pink since it gives a soft magical glow to the lid without too much drama.  And that Grassy Green is itching to star in a look soon!  Can't wait to use these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...