Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Review


A couple months ago I picked up the Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer from my local Target at the suggestion of a couple of my favorite Youtube Gurus.  I really prefer my foundations to be on the light coverage side, and as my skin is on the dry side, tinted moisturizers seem like the perfect idea.  Unfortunately I've never had great luck in the tinted moisturizer department for some reason, and this product is no exception Details after the jump!



Sonia Kaskuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Beige
This product comes in 4 shades and can be purchased for $12.99.  I picked the shade in Beige (for reference, I am NC37/40).  Although there are only 4 shades, I do believe that many will find a match as it blends very easily with very little effort. It just so happened to match my skin perfectly when blended out, which is extremely rare for me, and it has SPF 15.  Even though the term "radiant" might incite visions of glitter Edward Cullen-in-the-sun hell (a la Revlon Photoready Foundation) I did not detect any shimmer in the formula which is a major plus in my book.  

That's where the rainbow ended for me, I'm afraid.  First of all, the packaging:  it's very hard to control the amount that comes out and you end up with a lot more than you need.  The coverage is useless as well.  I realize with a tinted moisturizer you shouldn't expect much coverage, but I do expect to see some evening of my skin.  I have very little blemishes/scars/discoloration, but the little I do have showed up as if I had nothing on.  This product also felt a little heavy on my skin, as if were going to melt off or cake up, but did not moisturize at all.  In fact, it clinged onto dry spots I didn't even know I had.  Of course I still used my regular moisturizer before putting the product on my face, so I didn't expect it to replace my moisturizing routine, but it shouldn't have made my face look drier than it already was.  Finally, although the blendable and sheer nature of the product is enough to match a good number of skins out there, my darker-toned friends out there are pretty much left out as there is only one shade darker than mine (you have no idea how much this irritates me!!).  

I have heard MANY good things about this product from various people whose opinions I value, so I'm going to file this under "Things That Just Weren't Made for Me".  I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying this and trying it out for themselves, but I won't be repurchasing.  The search continues...

Bottom Line:  Amber...is probably gonna trash it :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...