Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FOTD: Maleficent Homage

I have a unnatural attraction to Disney Villains.  A number of my friends will openly admit to hearing me, on more than one occasion, refer to Jafar as "kinda hot" and describing Scar as "just having something sexy about him I can't put my finger on".  I have no defense for this:  I'm twisted and always have been so why not just embrace it.  As much as I dig the dude-villains, I have to bow down to the ladies of Disney's darkness.  Oh, the swagger on these women, I could only dream to have someday - Cruella's style (I'm actually half-exaggerating about this, as I could never imagine wearing a coat made of anything's skin, much less poor puppies, but I'm all for faux-fur), and the Evil Queen's perseverance (how many times did she try and try to kill Snow White?  Teaches the kids to never give up!).  Plus, I find it a little annoying/sexist the prevalence of evil stepmothers - a lot of stepmoms are awesome!  Sorry for the rants lol...but anyhow, today we pay our respects to Maleficent, who was extra patient the 16 years she waited for Aurora to prick her finger on that spindle because it was hella rude to send everyone a invite to the Christening but her.  This isn't the makeup look that she wears, but more of a homage to her entire look.  Enjoy more after the jump!



Eyes

  • E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Ivy (Purple Side) - inside/outside/crease of lid & bottom lashline
  • E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Ivy (Green Side) - middle of lid & middle of bottom lashline
  • Wet n' Wild Trio in Cool as Cucumber (Crease) - inside/outside/crease of lid & bottom lashline
  • Wet n' Wild Trio in Cool as Cucumber (Eyelid) - middle of lid & middle of bottom lashline
  • Wet n' Wild Trio in Cool as Cucumber (Browbone) - blended from crease to browbone
  • Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx - tightline, waterline, outer bottom lashline.
  • Jordana Fabuliner in Black - top lashline & winged out
  • Maybelline Falsies Mascara- top lashes
  • Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Body Mascara- layered on top lashes
  • L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara - bottom lashes
  • Maybelline Define a Brow 

Face

  • Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in Medium Beige
  • Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in Medium - undereyes
  • E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze - contour
  • E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance - highlight
  • Milani Baked Bronzer in Golden - blush 
Lips
  • Fusion Beauty Lipfusion Balm in Clear
  • E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in First Date

So, who's your favorite Disney villain?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...