Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ecotools Limited Edition Kabuki Set Review




I'm going to start by saying that I have a few posts that I'd planned to do before this one but I couldn't wait any longer to tell you.  This Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kabuki Set put out by Ecotools for the holidays is exquisite.  I honestly wasn't interested in this as I'm the not the biggest fan of kabuki brushes (can't stand the short handle), but I'm so glad I decided to pick this up last minute because I'm uber-impressed.  Not only are these brushes the cutest little things you've ever seen, but they're also top quality that I'd put next to any drugstore or high-end brush I own.  Details after the jump!


The Conceal Kabuki


This is by far my favorite of the bunch.  As per the packaging, this brush is "shaped like your fingertip to comfortably glide across your smallest features".  As per my opinion, it's brilliant.  It's incredibly dense so it remains firm when you go in to conceal and blend but it's made with the same soft fibers we've become accustomed to from Ecotools, so no pokey-pokey around the delicate under eye area.  I also really like it for contouring when I want a more defined look.  It seems too fit just perfectly right up underneath my cheekbones and it's even small enough to contour the sides of my nose.  Perfection!


The Bronze Kabuki


This brush is angled, reminiscent of the Mac 168, and is perfect for a effortless, natural sun-bronzed look.  It's dense enough to pick up the right amount of color, but fluffy enough to not apply too much.  You can also use this for blush application although for me personally it's a little big to be able to easily concentrate the color exactly where I want it.  I prefer it for a quick sweep of setting powder myself.


The Contour Kabuki


Honestly, I don't love this one, although I chock that up to personal preference more than anything.  It's purpose is to contour, and utilizes the tapered design many other brushes do to accomplish that.  The idea is that you apply the contour product to the tip of the brush and when you brush it against your skin, the tip of the brush applies the color while the bristles around the tip blend it in.  I'd imagine that many of you out there would love this brush as it's just as effective as other brushes like, it just doesn't work for me.  I guess I wish it, and other brushes like it, were a little less tapered.  I find that the tip is so much longer than than the rest of the bristles that it just applies the line on my face without the blending part.  And when I push harder so that the other bristles can do their blending, the brush just kind of flops from side to side instead of sweeping from back and forth.  But I've seen plenty of people that disagree with me, so I'm filing under "Just Not My Thing".


The Buff Kabuki


I think this would be PERFECT for mineral, loose, or pressed powder foundations.  I haven't worn my mineral makeup in a long while, but when I did I was always looking for the perfect flat top kabuki to apply it with.  Had this Kabuki set been out while I was still into mineral foundation, it would've made my life a lot easier.  I also use brushes like this to apply liquid foundations sometimes, but I don't think I would use this one to do that:  it's not quite dense enough for that.  The density is just suited a lot more for powder.  


Overall, this entire set is well worth the the $14.99 I paid for it on Drugstore.com.  You can also pick this up from Walgreens.  As you can tell from the name of the set, it is limited edition so if you think you would really like I recommend picking it up soon before it's taken off shelves. 


Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES <3<3<3<3<3


Are you a fan of Ecotools brushes?  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...