Friday, November 18, 2011

Sephora V.I.B. Sale Part 1: Urban Decay


So here is Part 1 of the promised pics/swatches/first impressions of the products I received from last weekend's V.I.B. sale.  I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my V.I.B. status after this year is over, so this could be the last perk I get for a while :(.  Oh well, I'll have to do some hardcore shopping in 2012 lol.  Anyway...on to the makeup:

Urban Decay Mariposa Palette
UD Mariposa Swatches L-R:  Top:  Rockstar, Gunmetal, Skimp, Infamous,
Wreckage/Bottom:  Haight, Money, Mushroom, Spotlight, Limelight

Not sure how I feel about the UD Mariposa Palette yet.  On one hand, I was UBER-excited to finally get a palette from Urban Decay that didn't have even one of their famous fallout-from-hell shadows (*cough* maui wowie/chopper/snatch *cough*).  All the shadows in this palette are just shimmer/satin finishes that will give your lids the sparkle they crave without giving your undereyes the disco ball makeover they hate.  I was also happy to get a palette that didn't include Smog for once.  I have 4 other palettes from Urban decay and the ALL have Smog which, don't get me wrong, is a very nice color.  But at this point there so much Smog in my collection that I'm starting to choke on it.  However, on the other hand, some of these shadows lack the pigmentation and smooth texture I've come to count on from UD.  Infamous in particular was lacking saturation, as it took multiple swipes to get a good swatch, while I found the texture of Spotlight to be a little on the chunky side.  Only time will tell if this guy ends up on my 'Much Devoured' or 'Much Neglected' list, but I can tell you that Skimp and Money is SCREAMING my name.
Urban Decay 24/7 Travel Size Set - Electric





UD Electric 24/7 Swatches L-R:  Perversion, Ransom, Woodstock, Radium, Junkie
If there is one thing my makeup collection is lacking, it's colorful liners like these in the Electric 24/7 Pencil Set.  I already love these pencils!  They are the same quality as any other 24/7 pencil you've used, filled with creamy, pigmented goodness.  Radium in particularly pigmented and I can't wait to use it.  Just a note, the Woodstock color doesn't have any orangey-ness to it as the picture may suggest, it's more of a hot, slightly reddened, pink.

2 comments:

  1. I love Urban Decay!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma-

    So do I! Most of their shadows are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...