Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer in Cocoa Radiant


I suck at applying lotion when I should, especially because I have really dry skin that demands lotion just to look presentable.  I'm just really lazy and I also hate that heavy, slightly sticky feeling of applying moisturizer after a shower.  I always feel a bit greasy for a little while.  And there's nothing worse that having to put clothes on top of a freshly applied lotion (read:  first world problems).  So Vaseline has set out to change all though with its new Spray & Go Moisturizer.  Let's take a look!

The Spray & Go Moisturizer comes in 3 varieties:  Total Moisture with oat extract for soft skin, Aloe Fresh with pure aloe for fresh skin, and Cocoa Radiant with pure cocoa butter for glowing skin.  I chose the latter to try, although having experiences with the Vaseline brand of lotions in the past I doubt I would have a noticeable difference between all the 3.  Cocoa Radiant has the signature sweet scent that is common for cocoa butter products.


The dispensed product is very thin.  It's not like a mousse, rather just a slightly foamy mist.  And it doesn't begin to drip while sitting on your skin.

Too apply, all you need to do is to press the spray nozzle of the can and aim it at whatever skin you wish to use it on.  Very simple and to the point.  According to the commercial for this product, I should be able to spray, wipe, and then flip my clothes on and be out the door in seconds.  Hmmmm...

First off, no, I never believed that the commercial would be accurate for me.  It takes me 15 minutes to even decide what I might where for the day, so that ready in seconds shit isn't a possibility in my life.  I was really just looking for a product that absorb quickly and not make me feel icky when I slide my clothes on top.  And that's what I got.

Simply wiping the product once as done in the commercial is not sufficient.  You must rub it in as you would any lotion, though this doesn't take long.  Where this product shines is how quickly it sinks into your skin leaving your skin moisturized yet without that thick, greasy feeling you can experience with a normal form of lotion.

As dry as my skin is, the thin formula of this product is not sufficient enough to keep me adequately hydrated all day, but because it's slightly more convenient than the traditional lotion, I'm more likely to include it in my routine.  

You can find more information on this product on the Vaseline website.  It retails for $6-8.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...