Thursday, November 1, 2012

Look Bag October 2012: It's Back!

Remember a while back when The Look Bag announced that it was canceling it's beauty sample subscription service?  Well, it appears they've revamped everything are have decided to give the sample bag another try.  My mother had gifted me a 6-month subscription to the Look Bag that I only got a couple months out of, so with receiving this new bag I don't know if they were finishing my gift card off or if they just gave out a free one to people who were subscribed when they shut it down before to try to woo them back.  Either way, I got a bag so let's get into it!


  • Stila Eyeshadow Single (full size)
  • York Peppermint Patty Lip Balm (full size)
  • Pop Beauty Nail Glam Polish (full size)
  • Pixi Lip Liner and Primer (full size)
  • Freeman Bare Foot Foot Scrub (sample packet)
I love that I got 4 full size products and 1 very generous sample.  The few bags I did get before from the company were like Birchbox in that they were mostly, if not all, small samples.  I'm glad they've changed this up.

As far as they actual samples provided, I am satisfied with the variety given here.  You get a cosmetic product, a nail color, a skin care product, and a bath/body product.  A lot of sample subscriptions tend to be a bit heavy handed on the skin care or fragrance ends.  While I'd ultimately prefer a majority of cosmetics, I'm happy with a good range of products.

So how are they able to amp up the bag quality here?  A bit of a price hike, it seems.  While it was $10 a month before, you're now shelling out $12.95 a month.  Only 2 bucks more, but more expensive nonetheless.  If they stick to giving quality samples at decent sizes, I'd say its worth it.  

Bottom Line:  Amber Likes!

If it is the case that they just sent me a free bag to woo me back, I'm not that easy ;-)  I'll wait to see the next bags or 2 to see if they remain consistent in their new quality to make a final decision.  But if they keep it up, I'd be glad to give them another chance.  

You can find more information on the bag at The Look Store website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...