Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Almay One Coat Get Up and Grow Waterproof Mascara Review

I've been on the hunt for a truly amazing non-fiber lengthening mascara for months now. I feel like I have a ton of pretty good volumizing mascaras, but so far I've only found 2 great ones in the lengthening category, those being Maybelline Lash Stiletto and Rimmel Lash Accelerator.  So when I began hearing awesome things about Almay's One Coat Get Up & Grow Mascara I couldn't wait to try it.  Check it out!

I loved the look of the brush on this.  It's huge and bushy and I thought that would definitely do well with coating every single lash with product.
One Coat
Because Almay called this a 'One Coat' mascara, I only photographed of the first coat.

Unfortunately I wasn't in love, or even in like with this mascara.  I just didn't get anywhere near the lengthening that I wanted.  To make matters worse, this is one of those mascaras that makes my lashes look like spider legs because it balls up on the tips of the lashes and makes them look jagged.  I did end up applying more coats and this only made it worse and more clumpy.

Also, the mascara kind of burns my eyes.  I don't know if it's because the version I got was waterproof or what, but I shouldn't be in pain just to have my lashes looking spidery.

Bottom Line:  Amber's not a fan...

This mascara has worked for other people so I guess it's just my lashes.  And I'm wondering if the balling-up was an effect of the formula being waterproof as well.  Who knows?

You can find more information about this mascara at the Almay website.  It retails for around $7.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...