Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Had a Good Feeling about E.L.F.'s Lash Extending Mascara....

You ever see a product and it seems like it's screaming your name?  I mean, something about it seems like it was made particularly for you?  That's the feeling I got saw e.l.f.'s Lash Extending Mascara.  Something about the wand said to me, "You're lashes are going to love this!"  This is a purchase I made on my gut, but was my instinct right?

I think I can safely say I don't have another mascara wand like this in my own collection.  On the bottom, the bristles are so stubby they might as well be non-existent.  But on the top of the wand, the plastic-style bristles are a bit longer, with the longest being in the center, slightly shorter ones at the tip, and the shortest being at the end connected to the wand.  I found that this unique shape assists greatly in lifting your lashes up for a more wide awake look.

If you take a close look at the picture above, you may be able to detect a few fibers hanging from the bristles.  Yes, this is a fiber mascara and yes, this made me a bit nervous at first.  We all know my hesitations at fiber mascaras.  I'm relieved to say that the fibers in the Lash Extending Mascara were fine to work with though, so no qualms here.  In fact, I didn't really notice them.

Let's get to the results:
1st Coat
The 1st coat told me that this was not going to be a slap on and go type of mascara.  Not that this is a high maintenanced product as far as technique, just that 1 coat doesn't really get me anywhere.  It pretty just makes my lashes show up.
With 2 coats, I start to see what I wanted to see with the 1st coat.  My lashes appear multiplied a bit and a little longer.  I have to admit, I was losing a little hope with this coat.  I didn't really expect it to get much better...
3rd Coat
....but I'm glad I kept going!  With 3 coats my lashes were definitely longer, slightly thicker, and blacker.  I find it mandatory that you build this mascara up.  As you can see between the 3 pictures, it doesn't gunk up at all layer after layer.  I only gets better!

The only disappointment I have with this mascara is that I'm never really satisfied using just this mascara.  I always feel the need to use another mascara in conjunction with Lash Extending because I just don't accomplish the volume I yearn for.  I do realize though, that volume wasn't promised with this one, but that doesn't make me miss it any less.

Bottom Line:  Amber Really Likes

This is the first e.l.f. mascara I've been really impressed with.  At only $3, you can probably afford to just try it if you're looking for a good lengthening mascara.  

You can find more information on this product at the e.l.f. website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...