Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Non-Concealer Use of Revlon's Photoready Concealer in Light

I tried out the Revlon Photoready Concealer in Medium (review here) a while ago.  Although I liked it for the most part, I was a bit bummed that it contained the Photoready Line's signature shimmer.  You know where I don't like shimmer? On places I'm trying to conceal.  But this thought led me to another question - where do I want shimmer?  On places I'm trying to highlight!  So I picked up the concealer in the shade Light and tried it out as a highlighter and I loved it so much better.  Take the jump for more details and photos!

Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light swatch
Using a concealer that's 2-3 shades lighter than your own skin as a highlighter is by no means a new idea.  That's what a lot of us do when we conceal under our eyes after all.  I usually like my under eye concealer a bit lighter and apply it in that Kim Kardashian way to highlight my cheeks along with my undereyes.  


But what I like about using this concealer is that since it does have that small boost of shimmer it becomes that much more enhancing.  Also, because it's in a creamy stick form, it's a little easier to apply.  All I do to apply is draw a line of concealer wherever I want to highlight and then buff it in with the brush I used with my foundation.  Because it's not extremely opaque and easy to blend, it looks much more natural than just throwing a shimmery highlighter on your face.  Very daytime-friendly :)


If you follow my blog you may have noticed that I've used this technique in my past couple tutorials (Cherry Blossom FOTD here and Summer Foreshadow Look here).  Although I still like a stronger highlight from time to time, this has become my go-to brow highlight no matter what the look.  Here is an example of this from the Cherry Blossom FOTD.


Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light as brow highlight
See how it just gives a natural highlight to my brow bone?  And in person it has a little extra oomph to it thanks to the tiny bit of shimmer.


It's funny how the one thing that was a dealbreaker for me (the shimmer) in one use was what made it awesome in another purpose.  Of course, if you didn't mind the shimmer in the first place than this could certainly double as you concealer and highlighter!  Nothing better than finding multiple uses for one product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...