Thursday, January 5, 2012

Real Techniques Blush Brush Review

First and foremost, these Real Technique face brushes are just so darn cute, aren't they?  They look like pretty little flowers.  Anyways...the second flower in my Real Technique garden is the Blush brush.  A bit of this review is going to be pretty much a repeat of the RT Stippling Brush Review I featured a week ago, as the quality of this line of brushes is across-the-board superb.  But I do have to admit that at first I did not share the same enthusiasm for this brush as I did for the Stippling Brush.  However, that soon changed...find out how after the jump!

As I said in the intro, there is no difference in the quality of this brush compared to the quality of the Stippling Brush.  The Blush Brush features the same soft, luxurious bristles and the same long, pink ferule that I'm a huge fan of.  It also has the larger base that, once again, isn't my cup of tea but this comes down to personal preference and storage situations.


The brush head itself is fluffy and egg-shaped and I didn't previously own any brush like it.  I thought it would be good for light and natural contouring in addition to blush.  However, when I used it for these functions I found myself disappointed.  For me, it was a bit too big to be effective for the contouring I wanted and the egg shape made it awkward for me to apply blush or bronzer along my cheeks.  Now, I've seen the Pixiwoo sisters use these for these exact applications and they seemed to have no trouble at all and the results were beautiful, so I think this is also something that comes to down to personal preference.  Some people like traditional blush brushes to apply blush while some like angled contour brushes for the job:  it all depends on you.  So this brush might be right up your alley for its intended use, it's just not for me when it comes to blush application.


So for a few weeks this brush was just taking up space on my vanity, until I went on a CVS Clearance haul and picked up Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Pebbles, that is.  I loved the illuminating sans chunky glitter look this powder gave me, but being that it does have those "light-reflecting particles" in it I didn't want it all over my face, only in the spaces that I wanted to highlight.  This is wear the Real Techniques Blush Brush came to my rescue.  Because of it's egg shape, it allows me to apply the powder directly in only the places I want to illuminate and not go all over the place.  And because of it fluffy nature, it doesn't pick up too much powder, just the right amount.  I went from barely looking at this brush to not being able to live without it overnight!


Bottom Line:  Amber REALLY LIKES!!


The quality of this line of brushes is astounding!  Especially since they're so affordable (I believe this one about $9, and it's more than worth the money).  This is one of the many brushes I have that love for a reason other than it's original intended use.  Do you have any products like that? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...