Sunday, January 29, 2012

NYX 10-Color Eyeshadow Palette Swatches Part 1: Brights!

I've gotten a lot of question about the colors I used in my Secret Garden look so I figured I'd throw up some swatches of not only the NYX Secret Garden palette, but all the 10-Color palettes I own.  I've had these for some time and they've remained on the top of my "So Glad I Have These In My Life" list since I bought them.  The grand majority of these shadows are velvety smooth and beautifully pigmented.  They include a good variety of matte, satin, and shimmer shades and vary from essential nudes/naturals to bright and vibrant.  For Part 1, I'm going to present the brighter palettes:  Velvet Rope, Secret Garden, and Haute Model.  Check out their swatches after the jump!

Secret Garden
This palette really does remind me of a garden with its lush variety of green shades on the bottom.  The top row features 4 peach-toned shades each with chunky glitter and a dark maroon with glitter as well.  I especially appreciate the included maroon as its a shade that I'm lacking in my collection.
For the Secret Garden FOTD I used the top middle shade (pinky-peach w/ glitter), the bottom second from right shade (dark matte green), and the bottom right-most shade (frosty mint).


Velvet Rope
Velvet Rope has the most vibrant purples of any palette I own.  They're blue-toned violets and also comes with a dark true navy, matte black, black with purple shimmer, a light frosty pink, and a violet pink.



Haute Model
I got this palette because I thought I would be a good, cheaper alternative to Urban Decay's Black palette.  Both of these palettes have black shades concentrated with colored shimmer.  I can't say whether or not it is, indeed, a substitute since I never got the UD one, but I can say this is a very unique palette.  The shimmer turns all these blacks into different shades and makes it perfect for use with smoky looks using colors.  You also get a bright electric teal and  light frosty pink.
So that's it for Part 1, check out Part 2!

8 comments:

  1. ohh these are the 10 colour palettes you're talking about. I love the Velvet Rope one. I'm definitely going to consider getting one or a couple of these palettes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, these are the ones! I'm going to be putting up another post today with the other 4 that I have pretty soon :) Glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. im from australia and have to order from ebay as it is rarely sold here. ive only just heard of the brand and am keen to try, do the 10 colour pallets match up wth the individual colours ive seen available? or would you have to order a new 10 pallet to keep using a fav colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually wondered this myself. Although I've never found an answer, I will say that I've noticed many similar individual shades to the shades in the palettes. They may not be exact dupes, but they are similar enough that you wouldn't have to repurchase a whole palette just for 1 shade.

      However, the individual colors cost $3-$5, so if there are at least 2 or 3 shades you like in a 10 color palette, you might as well repurchase the palette (usually between $8-$10).

      Delete
    2. Thanks, i should receive my first lot in a week, very much looking forward to it. cheap make up in australia is pretty crap, so to try something that is cheap and has very good reviews excites me. a decent brand single eyeshadow is about $20, NYX is soooooooooo much cheaper

      Delete
    3. That's great Kate! Let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  3. you've got a great blog! this post was so helpful, can't wait to get my hands on some of these palettes! i'm now following, check out my page :)

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...