Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sigma Mrs. Bunny Travel Kit Review, Part 1: Eye Brushes

In most of the ways that count, I am not in any way a vegan.  I don't know what I would do without burgers and cheesesteaks, eggs and bacon, and God do I LOVE cheese!!!!  On the other hand, I am definitely down with treating animals humanely and with the utmost respect, which is part of the reason that I prefer synthetic brushes.  Another reason is that, when done right, synthetic brushes can be incredibly lush and soft on your skin.  So when Sigma announced their new Bunny Collection of brushes I didn't hesitate to add them to my Christmas Wish List.  I've always wanted to try Sigma and these brushes sounded right up my alley.  All the brushes in this collection are the same as the ones in the original Sigma line, just vegan versions.  In this post I'm going to review the eye brushes, and then in Part 2 I'll review the face brushes and the overall Travel Kit.  Read on for more!

Sigma Bunny E55 Eye Shading Brush
The E55 Eye Shading Brush is your typical shader brush.  I believe the MAC equivalent would be a 239.  It's soft and dense nature allows you to not only apply a generous amount of shadow to the lid, but also blend the color a bit at the same time.  It's great for blending some shadow under your lower lash line.


Sigma Bunny E65 Small Angle Brush
The E65 Small Angle Brush is superb for lining the eyes and defining the brows.  My instinct was to use this for gel liner, but I find I enjoy it most for applying brow powder to the brows and using shadows to line the lashline.  It's thin enough to get a precise line, but dense enough to blend for a softer look.


Sigma Bunny E40 Tapered Blending Brush
The E40 Tapered Blending Brush, out of all the blending brushes I have, is probably the best at really blending out shadows.  It's got a good density to it that really helps at blending out harsh shadow lines.  I wouldn't really use it to actually apply any color, it's a bit too large for that and I don't by any means have small eyes.


Sigma Bunny E30 Pencil Brush
One of the brushes I was most interested in was the E30 Pencil Brush.  I've been on an intense search for a good pencil brush to smudge out my liner/shadow which means I want something that is stiff enough that it won't cause the product to go all over the place but soft enough that it won't irritate my sensitive lash line.  The Sigma brush is pretty good.  I wouldn't say it has ended my search for that perfect pencil brush, but it was alright.  It is stiff and soft, but it's a bit more pointy that I would like.


Overall, I really like the eye brushes here.  I wouldn't say any of them changed my life or put much dust on any of my other favorite brushes but I definitely don't regret having them.  They are very high quality but very affordable at the same time.  Check out Part 2 of this review where I will discuss the face brushes and give a more in-depth review on the entire Travel Kit! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...