Saturday, January 7, 2012

HG ALERT: E.L.F. Wrinkle Refiner Review

The phrase "pleasant surprise" does not come close to summing up my enthusiasm for this product.  I really wasn't interested in the E.L.F. Wrinkle Refiner when it was first introduced to the company's website, mostly because I didn't really understand what it's purpose was.  I kind of thought it was going to be one of those anti-wrinkle skincare things that I'm always extremely skeptical about.  But, as with most E.L.F. products, I dropped it in my cart since it was only 3 bucks and had a fairly good rating.  Turns out that it's actually more of a primer-type product with a few skincare benefits, made to smooth out areas with lines/wrinkles to camouflage imperfections.  For me, this product really did deliver and is definitely being added to my can't-live-without pile.  Read on for more info!

Just to make sure we're clear before going any further (in case there's anyone confused about how this product like I was), let me explain how this is supposed to work.  You know when you plop your foundation or concealer around your eyes and all these fine lines that you didn't know you had come out of no where and it looks like you've aged 10 years?  The wrinkle refiner is supposed to solve that problem and issues like it.  After you pat the product on your fine lines, wrinkles, or pores, it creates a smooth barrier to allow for flawless application of whatever makeup you put over it.


Ok, now to the part you're all waiting for, is that all a bunch of crock or is it the real deal?  Guys:  it really does work!  Well...it works for me at least.  When I first put it on I thought it was weird because when you initially start to blend the the product in it takes on a kind of sticky/tacky texture.  Definitely a small "WTF?" moment.  But don't let that alarm you because once it dries, probably only a few seconds later, it transforms your skin into the smoothest surface you've ever felt. 
E.L.F. Wrinkle Refiner Swatch
As you can see in the photo, the refiner has a gel or serum-type texture that is milky colored when dispensed but clear once spread out.  Packaging-wise, it's in a tube and you twist the bottom until the product begins to come out of the slanted rubber-like tip.  With my particular tube, I found that it's pretty hard to over-dispense which I think is a good thing since nothing makes me more peeved than not being able to control the amount of product that I get.


I have dry undereyes, and I mean REALLY dry!  Sometimes during the winter I even get eczema-like rashes in that area, so needless to say the dryness has created a fair amount of fine lines there.  You can't really see them without makeup, but as soon as I apply concealer they show up like little creepy-crawlies determined to ruin my face.  So I'm very glad now that I have this Wrinkle Refiner in my life.  It not only minimizes (if not disappears altogether) any of my imperfections, but also keeps the area from drying out.  I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say it actually adds moisture to your skin, but it keeps the moisture that you've already have there from wearing away and the barrier prevents the makeup you put over the area from drying your skin out.  


Bottom Line:  Amber LOVES! <3<3<3<3<3


You may be thinking, "Well, I already use my regular face primer so I don't need this."  And until I compared the results, I was thinking that as well.  I don't know the science behind this refiner so I'm not even going to try and explain that, but something about this product just fills those lines up better than the primer I use on my face as a whole.  Also, this product is something that you should, or can for that matter, use for your entire face.  Because of it's texture I think it would be best spot treatments only.


The E.L.F. Wrinkle Refiner was one of those products that I didn't know that I needed but it turned out I did.  I use it primarily for under my eyes, but I've read reviews where people have also used them for pores and forehead wrinkles so this really a multi-purpose product.  If you're like me, you may not have ever considered a product like this for your collection, but at such an affordable price it really wouldn't hurt to try it and chances are you won't regret it :)


I'm very skeptical of these types of products but this is one that actually works.  Do you have any products like this that work for you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...